If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love our coverage and the community we’ve built here at Outsports. Here’s your chance to join our team and cover the intersection of LGBTQ+ culture and sports with us.
Outsports is looking for a deputy manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a part-time, remote, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The deputy manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Help the site manager ensure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Assist with managing the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts as needed, and help them continue to grow.
- Assist with training and managing a staff of contributors that cover LGBTQ+ issues in sports and news on the site.
- Help with moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
- Contribute five posts on LGBTQ+ issues in sports each week.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best deputy manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for LGBTQ-related sports content and news and will already be familiar with Outsports.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to help manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous sportswriting experience is required.
Here’s how to apply:
Please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team at Outsports, and a sports-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via our Vox Media Careers page. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items as specified.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outsports and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.